SOCIAL MEDIA

Showcase Sunday #18

Sunday 26 May 2013
Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Vicky over at Books, Biscuits & Tea where we showcase all of our recent book grabs.
 
I only received three books this week and were so excited about them, I managed to read two already!
 
Without further-a-do, here are this week's books! :)
 
For Review:
 
Spy for The Queen of Scots by Theresa Breslin:
This one actually came through the mail yesterday as a surprise - I wasn't expecting it at all! So it's safe to say I don't know too much about it. It looks interesting though so I'm excited to see what I think! Huge thanks to Random House for sending me this copy! :)

The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau (ARC):
I'd actually read mixed reviews on this one but I came to the decision that I wanted to try it out for myself. I mean, every book deserves a chance, y'know! ;) In the end I really did enjoy it! My full review will be up sometime this week. Huge thanks to Templar for my review copy!

Purchased:

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey:
I can't even begin to describe to you my feelings when this book came through the door. I mean, there are such amazing reviews of this book floating around the blogosphere and so I knew I just had to have it! As soon as I had it in my hands, I tore through it and even though, admittedly, I didn't enjoy it as much as I would have liked, it was still a great read! :D

So that's all the books I got this week. What about you? Leave links in the comments and I'll stop by as soon as I can! :)

Happy Reading,
Rachel xoxo



18 comments :

  1. Great Haul Rachel. I would love a surprise book in the mail. Everyone raves about The 5th Wave so I really want a copy. Spying for the queen of Scott's looks intresting. Happy Reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Been seeing a lot of The 5th Wave lately! Might have to look into this one now! Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo! The 5th Wave! I got it this week too! The Testing looks interesting, but kinda looks like a Hinger Games copy cat. I'd love to give it a try though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spy for the queen of Scots looks interesting!The 5th wave sounds awesome. Happy reading :D

     Showcase - Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 5th Wave sounds brilliant, hope you enjoy it :)

    Megan xxx

    My Showcase Sunday if you'd like a look

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh THE 5TH WAVE!! I haven't found that book in my town :'( I've heard a few things about The Testing and even though I'm not that interested in it...I'm glad that you enjoyed it! Maybe your review can change my opinion ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved The 5th Wave...but it's not your average YA style so I can understand it not being to everyone's tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome books you got there! I am planning on getting The 5 Wave as well because a lot of people whom I know have already got it so thought I'd give it ago too ;) And The Testing is also on my list.

    Thanks for sharing! And hope you enjoy reading them all <3
    xoox, Mariam @Book-A-Holic

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to get a copy of The 5th Wave I've heard amazing things about it. Enjoy all your new books :)
    My Showcase Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Surprise books are nice! I hope you enjoy them! :D

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, Spy for the Queen of Scots sounds interesting! I really enjoyed the 5th Wave, glad you did, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely loved The 5th Wave! Definitely one of my favourite books of the year so far! Great haul :)

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/showcase-sunday-40.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, The 5th Wave! Lucky you. I've been wanting to read that. :)

    My SS: http://skizzles22hu.blogspot.com/2013/05/showcase-sunday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. New follower via Bloglovin. Heard good things about The Fifth Wave. Come visit me as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't wait to read The 5th Wave!! I already have it one my Kindle and I'm going to start it as soon as I can... Probably in the summer vacation. I hope you'll enjoy it.

    You're soooo lucky to receive physical ARCs. It's like... my blogging dream. I really like your blog!! I'm a new GFC and Bloglovin follower. Can you please check out mine too? Thanks!! I'm a teenage blogger just like you! Maybe we can get to know each other a little?

    Sapir @ Diary of a Wimpy Teen Girl

    ReplyDelete
  16. The 5th Wave looks and sounds amazing! I've heard such great things about it. I will have to buy it ASAP. I've got The Testing waiting for me on my shelf. Looking forward to your review!

    Enjoy all your books,
    Sam @ Falling Books
    http://bookcrazedreviews.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/book-haul-47.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've heard amazing things about The 5th Wave I'm super jealous you got that one. And I'm really happy you thought it was a great read :) Enjoy all of your books!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Here's my book haul by the way! http://yabookstop.wordpress.com/2013/05/27/stacking-the-shelves-2/

    ReplyDelete

YOU ARE BEYOND AMAZING! Thank you for sharing your thoughts/opinions/feels! I'll be replying to your comment (hopefully) very shortly!