SOCIAL MEDIA

Showcase Sunday #16

Sunday 5 May 2013
Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Vicky over at Books, Biscuits & Tea where we showcase all of our recent book grabs.

The books I've got to show you today I've managed to acquire over quite a few weeks. Most are review books (and surprise review books at that!) which I will probably get on to reading and reviewing at the beginning of June when my exams are over. So, without further-a-do, here are the books! :)


For Review *courtesy of Random House and HarperCollins*

This one looks SO good and I still can't believe I hadn't heard of it until it came through the post. It's dystopian and, by the sound of it, a unique one. YAY! ;)

I hadn't actually heard of this one at all until I looked it up on Goodreads just this morning. It's certainly intriguing... I'll need to wait and see what I think!

I'm really excited to start this one because I really enjoyed the first book, The Selection and have been eagerly awaiting this one for a while now. Plus, the cover. How gorgeous is that cover?! *.*

 I've finally got a copy of The Hobbit! Woo! I don't know why I haven't read this yet but I'm glad I've got the chance to now! I can't wait *squeals with delight*. I think this is the new cover that came out when the movie did... it's really rather lovely. :)

Ohmygosh! This book sounds AMAZING! Another dystopian, but seriously - it sounds phenomenal! So, yeah, you could say I'm going into this with high expectations! ;)

Purchased *courtesy of a gift voucher and my lovely mum ;)*

This was, put simply, amazing. To see my review, click here. xD

I'm currently reading this one and really enjoying it. I'm just over half way and am extremely uncertain about who I want Lena to end up with. Both boys haven't really been affecting me at all so far... Hope that changes! :P

So that's all for me this week. What about you? Leave links and I'll stop by as soon as I can! :)

Happy Reading,
Rachel xoxo

PS: Just put up a poll - check it out. ^.^


14 comments :

  1. I really want to read Acid. Will wait to see if I get a Goodreads copy but will probably end up buying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Acid sounds amazing, and I just love that cover. Enjoy! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Requiem! <3 I'm in love with Lauren's books - she's an incredibly talented (and lovely) woman! I feel so honoured to have met her :)
    She has a new book coming out next year (or possibly the end of this year, I can't remember), called Panic, and that sounds amazing as well!

    I can't wait to read Acid - it's supposed to be really good. I have a proof copy, but it's not nearly as pretty as the finished copy is!!

    I really want to get Lockwood & Co. ... it sounds really good :)

    Great haul this week!
    && thank you for visiting my blog :)

    Dani
    Pen to Paper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow great haul! I absolutely love that copy of The Hobbit it is just so cute. I need a nice new paperback copy as my other one is read to death so will definitely pick up this one I think!

    Acid looks so good and I love dystopians so definitely one I need to get my hands on!

    Enjoy your new books :)
    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/showcase-sunday-37.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for Clockwork Princess! I really want to read ACID because it looks amazing so I'll be keeping an eye out for your review.
    The Elite is even better than The Selection so I really hope you enjoy it. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clockwork Princess sounds amazing, and your cover of The Hobbit is beautiful :) :)

    Happy Sunday,

    Megan xxx
    My Showcase Sunday if you'd like a look

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this cover edition from The Hobbit <3

    Happy reading!
    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lockwood and Co looks so creepy!
    Hope you enjoy Requiem, the ending is...unexpected, I've seen lots of people loving and hating it, so I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to read The Elite and The Hobbit! I'm glad you're enjoying Requiem; it was a disappointment for me.

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO MANY GOOD BOOKS *breathes heavily*

    It is no secret that I love Clockwork Princess, and I'm really glad you enjoy the series too. Will Herondale <3

    I really want to read The Selection, everyone seems to be raving about the series at the moment. I hope you enjoy The Elite. You'll love The Hobbit! Enjoy the rest of Requiem - I still need to read Pandemonium. So many books, so little time.

    Happy reading, Rachel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You got some seriously amazing books this week, Rachel! I'm pretty much dying to read Acid at this point, because it sounds like awesome-sauce. I can't wait to see your thoughts about it!! I'm also pretty excited to read The Elite, just to see what happens with the story, even though I didn't fall in love with the first book. ;) Also, I'm excited to see what you think of Requiem! I never had any problems with knowing which guy I'd want Lena to end up with, but that's just because I'm a stubborn kid. ;) The ending is... interesting to say the least. I'm interested to see what you think of it!

    Anyways, enjoy all your ah-mazing books, and happy reading! <3

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooooooooooh fab books Rachel!!!! The Hobbit is amazing, one of my favourite books, you'll love it :) Glad you're enjoying Requiem, I really need to get it! I have to know who Lena ends up with! I'm like you, I love Alex and Julian, it's just so hard to pick! </3 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool books you have there Rachel! Hope you enjoy reading them all ;) And I am yet to read the Selection although I already have it and I read Requiem which was good but didn't live uo to my expectations.

    Thanks for sharing this!
    xoxo, Mariam

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't gotten the chance to read The Hobbit yet either (then again it hasn't really interested me yet). I really want to start the Delirium soon! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying Requiem.

    ReplyDelete

YOU ARE BEYOND AMAZING! Thank you for sharing your thoughts/opinions/feels! I'll be replying to your comment (hopefully) very shortly!