SOCIAL MEDIA

Reckless Magic by Rachel Higginson

Saturday 23 July 2011
Goodreads Summary
16 year old Eden Matthews has been in and out of private schools for the last two years. She can't seem to stop herself from closing them down. Kingsley is her last chance to finish high school and the last private school willing to accept her. She is focused on just getting through graduation until she realizes Kingsley is not like the other private schools she's been to. The students may be different, but so is she. And after meeting Kiran Kendrick, the boy who won't leave her alone and seems to be the source of all of her problems, she is suddenly in a world that seems more make-believe than reality. To top it off, she is being hunted by men who want to kill Kiran and her best friend Lilly is taken away to a foreign prison. Eden finds herself right in the middle of an ancient war, threatening everything she loves. She alone has to find a way to save her best friend and the boy who has captivated her heart. Reckless is an intricate story about mystery, adventure, magic and forbidden love. Eden Matthews is an unlikely heroine determined to save the world and be with her one, true love before it's too late.

Genre: YA Paranormal Romance
Publishers: Kindle & Smashwords
Recommended Age: 13+
Notes: Use of mild swearing
Rating: 5/5

Where can I begin? I absolutely loved this book! I loved the plot, the characters, the style of writing... everything!
The main character, Eden Matthews is just your usual "freak" but when she is introduced to her own world - a world that had been kept a secret from her - she finds that the people are just like her. When I found out that it was written in first person I was a little bit sceptical because I usually read third person novels but I actually enjoyed reading Eden's thoughts and opinions. It gave you a better insight as to what kind of person she was. I loved the fact she's determined and slightly stubborn as well as brave and opinionated. The perfect main character for this novel.
Since I have already mentioned that the writing is in first person, I suppose I don't have to go into much detail. Basically, it's told by a teenage girl with a load of personality.
I really hope I can get my hands of the next book in this four-part series (The Star-Crossed Series), Hopeless. Thank you so much to the fantastic author Rachel Higginson who gave me the opportunity to read this!
I hope I've got the message across about just how much I love this book and I hope that you have obtained from this review that you simply must go and read it.

Rachel xx :)


3 comments :

  1. I'm reading this one right now!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I must read it! I have never heard of this before. It sounds amazing, thanks for making me want to read it :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashlinn: Hope you enjoy it as much as I did! (:

    Zoe Crook: Yes, you must read it! You are very welcome, hope you do read it! :D

    ReplyDelete

YOU ARE BEYOND AMAZING! Thank you for sharing your thoughts/opinions/feels! I'll be replying to your comment (hopefully) very shortly!