SOCIAL MEDIA

Nikolas and Co: A Creature Most Foul by Kevin McGill (Review of First 100 pages)

Tuesday 5 July 2011
Nick wants one thing, only one thing, and that is to go home. He has had enough of living with drones and a mum and dad who aren't normal, he wants to go back to his home planet. So when his Grand turns up after a mysterious incident involving his parents and tells him everything about his real life, Nick suddenly finds himself with a destiny greater than he had ever imagined...

Genre: Fantasy
Recommended Age: 12+
Publishers/Source: Aero Studios
Release Date: 15 September 2011
Notes: First 130 pages (approx.) reviewed
Rating: 4/5

I liked it. Fantasy and adventure are my two favourite genres so when I figured that this novel had meshed the two of them together, well my opinion was set.
There are a lot of characters in this book and at the start of the book I was wondering if that would be a problem but after a while I began to remember who was who and what their personalities were like. All the characters have very different personalities which I found a good quality because you get to see how they handle certain situations. I haven't got a favourite character because I was reviewing only part of the book which didn't give me enough time to find one.
If I had to critisize this novel then I would say I was a little confused at a part near the beginning but overall I did enjoy this book and would happily read the next part. The book might be a little fast paced for some people but I actually liked the pace. It never spent three chapters to set the scene, it introduced you to the characters and then went straight into the adventure.

Rachel xx :)

PS: I have permission to email this PDF copy to anyone that would like it so please email me at booktasticreviews(at)gmail(dot)com and I will happily send it to you as an attachment via email. It is only the first 130 pages though, just the same as what I was given. Don't hesitate to email me if you would like to read this! :D


4 comments :

  1. Hi!Thanks for the comment on my review!Do you plan on reviewing the whole book when it comes out?:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure, my for review pile is getting higher so I don't think so... How about you? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I probably will but it just depends on timing for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah... feel free to tell me how you enjoy it, if you do read it :)

    ReplyDelete

YOU ARE BEYOND AMAZING! Thank you for sharing your thoughts/opinions/feels! I'll be replying to your comment (hopefully) very shortly!