SOCIAL MEDIA

Showcase Sunday #19

Sunday 14 July 2013
Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Vicky over at Books, Biscuits & Tea where we showcase all of our recent book grabs.

I'M BACK! *showers confetti* Miss me? ;) I've certainly missed you! Let me assure you, two weeks of not being able to blog is not fun! I kind-of started pining for my laptop after only a few days... *hugs laptop to emphasise point* Now that I'm back there's nothing to stop me from going bloggy mad!  *takes deep breath to calm self* So guess what was awaiting my arrival when I came home last night? Packages upon packages of books! What did I do, you ask? Well, even though it was near enough 3am and I was unbelievably tired, I dived straight in and opened them all up! Want to see the goodies in question? Well, here they are! :P
 

For Review:

Icons (Icons #1) by Margaret Stohl:
Despite not liking Stohl's other book, Beautiful Creatures, I'm still really excited for this one. The premise is just fantastic and so I'm hoping I'll enjoy it! I have seen some mixed reviews on it, however, so, hopefully, I'll be on the side that does like the book! :) Huge thanks go out to HarperCollins for sending me a review copy!

When the author contacted me about reviewing her two books, I jumped at the chance. The series sounded perfect for summer and I remember a couple years back reading some good reviews on Anatomy of a Boyfriend. So I really can't wait to dive into this duology and see what I think!

Listening for Lucca by Suzanne LaFleur:
This isn't usually the type of book I would read but, lately, I've been trying to broaden the genres I read in and, since this book has quite a promising concept, I went for it. It sounds really unique as well so that's a plus! Oh, and the cover? So pretty! Thanks go out to the Spinebreakers team for sending me it! :D

Book Swaps:

Friday Brown by Vikki Wakefield:
Oh. My. Gosh. I seriously LOVE Hawwa! She was kind enough to give me her copy of Friday Brown! I am SO excited to read it because it has received so many AMAZING reviews! I really hope that it won't let me down! I have seriously high expectations. *fiddles nervously* xD

The Declaration Trilogy by Gemma Malley:
Not only did Hawwa send me Friday Brown, she also gave me the whole Declaration trilogy (with the new edition covers)! I read the first book a year or two ago and really enjoyed it (review here) so am super excited to continue this series! I'm most likely going to re-read book one to refresh my memory though. ;P

So there we go. That's my book haul for this week. As always, if you leave a link to yours in the comments, I will happily stop by! :)

Happy Reading,
Rachel xoxo



12 comments :

  1. WELCOME BACK!!!

    And wow look at your haul!! So many amazing books, I really hope you enjoy them all :)

    Megan xxx

    My Showcase Sunday if you'd like a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. RRRRAAAACCCHHHEELLLL!!! YOU'RE BACK *suffocates you with a hug* :D

    I have Beautiful Creatures on my TBR pile but I'm putting it off because of the mixed reviews :/ I'm not good with slow-paced books. I'll look forward to seeing what you think of Icons! The Resistance and The Legacy are on my TBR pile too and the covers are gorgeousss :)

    I agree - isn't Hawwa THE BEST?!?!! Ahh, Friday Brown sounds amazing, hope you enjoy it :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes Zoe. i agree. SHE IS. AND I WANNA MEET HER SOMEDAY....;p

    but wait. hold on a second. YOU GOT ICONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHOW ME YOUR WAYS! i need a copy!!! :D
    great haul! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome haul *looks enviously at your goodies*! I mean first you get to go on holiday and then you come home to all those books!! I loved Friday Brown, it's a amazing novel that I'm proud to call Australian. I read Love, Aubrey a while ago so Listening for Luca sounds interesting. I also need to read The Declaration *runs off to read your review on that*. Happy Reading.


    - Sunny @ A Sunny Spot Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!! WELCOME BACK RACHEL!!!!!!!!!!! WE'VE MISSED YOU TONS!!!! *rugby tackles into a hug!*

    And what a great post to come back with. All of these beautiful books look amazing, especially The Declaration Trilogy. Those books are on my Wishlist, and I can't wait to get started on them. :)

    I read Love, Aubrey by Suzanne LaFleur and it seriously broke my heart and I'm pretty sure I cried a teeny bit at it...so I really want to read Listening for Lucca. I can't wait to see what you think of it.

    Enjoy all of the gorgeous new books, Rachel! Thanks for sharing this post with us. :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed Icons, despite the mixed reviews. Enjoy :)
    -Scott Reads It!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, curious to see what you think of Friday Brown! I've heard amazing things about it - it's Aussie YA, right? If so, it's got to be good. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome Back!!! Going even a day without blogging is tough for me! Although even when I am on vacation I do still try checking in on things! Glad to see you back!!

    All these books are new to me! Hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back! Don't you find it always takes forever to do these posts when you've had a bit of a break? I think I need to vow to do them weekly (or get less books and let's face it, that NEVER works).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the look of Friday Brown so will have to buy it soon. I've heard amazing things about it. Happy reading, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've missed your posts so much! So glad your back! Great haul, all these lovely books! If I were you I'd scrap whatever your reading and start Friday Brown straight away! Best book I ever read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You really rocked the haul this week! Looks like you have a lot of yummy reading in your future! Have a great week and Happy Reading! Here is my WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete

YOU ARE BEYOND AMAZING! Thank you for sharing your thoughts/opinions/feels! I'll be replying to your comment (hopefully) very shortly!