SOCIAL MEDIA

Starters by Lissa Price

Thursday 12 April 2012
Author: Lissa Price
Edition: Doubleday Paperback
Released: April 5th 2012
Pages: 336
Notes: Starters #1
Rating: 4/5

Callie and her little brother are on the run, living as squatters, fighting off unclaimed renegades who would kill for a cookie. But with the Body Bank, comes a promise of much-needed cash, and with it, hope. And then despair...

The Bank allows teenagers to rent out their bodies to those who want to be young again. But Callie's renter intends to do more than party in her body. She intends to murder...


This book is unique. Definetly one of a kind. I was really excited about reading it and I'm glad to report back that it is definetly worth a read! Apart from the refreshing storyline, there were also great sub-plots, unexpected twists and some great characters.

First off, the storyline! Unique, refreshing, mysterious and just rather enjoyable. I liked how the whole Body Bank incident was played out, it was quite believable - in a dystopian world of course, hehe. The sub-plot of the little love triangle (and the twists involved) was a good touch too.

I must say that the romance in this book was a little baffling - but in a good baffling way if that makes sense. I liked both boys (Blake and Michael), but considering the whole twist near the end... well I can't really say who I like better since I don't really know much about either of them.

The main character, Callie was a great heroine. She was brave, determined and strong. The bond she had with her little brother was sweet and admirable. She wanted to protect him. As far as the villain goes, he was definetly very... villain-y. Despicable and secretive... not one to cross! If I was Callie and had to face him, I don't know what I'd do! Another great character was Sara. She is definetly very brave and what she done for Callie was so... well, brave!

Do you know that feeling where you can't really think of much to write for a review? Well this is one of those times. I don't know why, but I just can't think of what to say about this book! It was definetly a great read, and everyone should definetly give it a go! I can't wait for the release of Enders, coming out Winter 2012!

Happy Reading,
Rachel xoxo


3 comments :

  1. Awesome review! I really loved this book, I completely agree with you!

    Thanks for the brilliant review!
    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, Rachel! I've seen this around quite a lot recently, and your review has made me really want to read it. And I know what you mean about not knowing what to write in a review sometimes, I feel like that all the time! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds good - great review. The book sounds quite interesting, I mght try and read it! :D

    ReplyDelete

YOU ARE BEYOND AMAZING! Thank you for sharing your thoughts/opinions/feels! I'll be replying to your comment (hopefully) very shortly!