- I started the month off with The Maze Runner by James Dashner. It was a good book. I didn't love it but it was still enjoyable. You can read my full review for it HERE.
- Next came the 5th installment in the Mortal Instruments series, City of Lost Souls. In all honesty, this series has just been going on too long for me, I reckon. I'm not as connected to it as I once was.
- I also finished reading The Great Gatsby. It was the text I was studying for prose in school and I finally managed to finish it this month. FINALLY. It wasn't that it was a bad book, it was just a lot of work cause there was a lot to analyse. I will say though, studying it actually made me appreciate the novel a whole lot more than I would have just by reading it. However, I sat my English exam today and didn't even use the text in an essay! *sighs* ;P
- Afterward, on a whim, I bought and read My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century by Rachel Harris. It was a fun, light, fluffy read so gave me a little breather from all the heavier novels.
- As part of the UKYA readathon, I then went on to read Silent Saturday by Helen Grant and Lockwood & Co: The Screaming Staircase by Jonathan Stroud. Silent Saturday was a good read, though not as exciting as I hoped it would be while I absolutely ADORED The Screaming Staircase. My 4.5 star review of it can be found HERE.
- I also finally managed to read The Elites by Natasha Ngan (I've only been meaning to read it for a year)! It was such a unique book and the world was just... wow.
April was also the month where my friend, Cat, and I decided to host (a very impromptu) Divergent Week! It was a whole lot of fun and I am very grateful to the people who got involved! I also wrote a post on book-to-movie adaptations where I hadn't read the book but watched the move which you can read HERE - I'm weirdly proud of this post for some reason... Other posts I've loved this month from other bloggers can be found here, here, here, here, here and here. Muhahaha, now you must click on all those links to find out who's behind what! ;P
I've also put together a little survey which I'd be VERY grateful if you filled out below, just to see what you all think of this little blog here and if there's anything I could do to improve it. Constructive criticism is welcome! You fill out the survey anonymously so no need to feel uncomfortable! You also don't need to answer every question - nothing is necessary. If you fill out the survey, thank you so much! :)