SOCIAL MEDIA

Dominic Sherwood as Jace?

Thursday 23 April 2015
Okay, so I was never sure whether I was going to be that invested in the up and coming Shadowhunters TV series (based on The Mortal Instruments books by Cassandra Clare) but after the casting of Jace was revealed, I gotta say... My interest has peeked a little.

Dominic Sherwood has been cast as Jace and though TMI isn't my favourite and I'm not all that obsessed with it (and I would have much rather preferred an Infernal Devices TV series...) I think I'm going to give it a go now when it airs beginning of next year.

And that isn't at all because Dominic Sherwood is appealing to the eye... *she types as she goggles at following picture of him*


*and is not at all bitter about the fact he could have been perfect for Will*

 
Anyway... Getting over the fact TID is probably never going to see the light of TV day (*sad face*), I do admit I can see him embodying Jace relatively well. I really liked his character in Vampire Academy (you may also know him from the Taylor Swift Style music video) and I can really picture him capturing a cocky, snarky character. And, hey, I'm not complaining if he has the pretty outer packaging to boot..

So, yes, I think I'll now give this TV series a chance. I don't know if I'll actually like it when it comes to it but Dominic Sherwood being cast has gotten my attention and peeked my interest for the TV series.

*yes, I believe I could be that superficial considering all it took was a hottie being cast to draw me in*

What do you think of the casting of Jace?

Happy Reading,
Rachel xoxo


5 comments :

  1. YES THANK YOU FOR THIS <333

    I never liked Jamie as Jace. He was just NOT Jace for me, unfortunately. It isn't a bad actor at all but I couldn't picture him as Jace. I have no idea if I can see Dom as Jace but I'll definitely give it a shot. He was a pretty great Christian Ozera IMO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whereas Jamie was a decent enough actor, I'm with you - he just didn't fully embody the Jace I'd always had in mind when reading the books.

      Yes, I really liked him as Christian!! :D

      Delete
  2. OH YESSSS VERY NICE EYE CANDY *goggles along with you* URGH SO JEALOUS OF HIS CHEEKBONES THO. *frowns*

    I never really thought Jamie *looked* the part of Jace, so I'm interested to see what Dominic's like! :))

    New follower via GFC and Bloglovin'!! I love your blog, your posts are fantastic!

    Ella @ Once Upon a Bookish Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, WHY CAN'T I HAVE THOSE CHEEKBONES?!

      I never really thought so either, but I'm pulling for Dominic to do well!

      Thank you so much!! xD

      Delete
  3. I think he's perfect for Jace! He seems to be a very well-put together actor who I think can manage Jace's character very well. I'm also really excited about the actors of Simon and Isabelle. I think they both capture their looks very well, but the actor for Simon seems to be a real life Simon.

    ReplyDelete

YOU ARE BEYOND AMAZING! Thank you for sharing your thoughts/opinions/feels! I'll be replying to your comment (hopefully) very shortly!