SOCIAL MEDIA

Guest Post: My Favourite Literary Characters!

Tuesday 30 July 2013
Today I'm very excited to feature a guest post by lovely book blogger, Holly. She talks about a few of her favourite literary characters and explains why she loves them so much. It's a great guest post so I hope you all enjoy! :)

I am somebody who is very proud to say that they describe themselves as a bookworm. I come from a background of literature and my Mum is an English teacher at my school and so it has been practically ingrained into my DNA that I love reading and books. Hundreds of books have passed through my hands but only a few characters have ever really stuck with me:

DeathlyPromo HermioneHermione Granger: Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter series is my favourite character of all time. For anyone who reads my blog will know I am obsessed with Harry Potter and I think a lot of this comes down to Hermione. Hermione is strong willed, intelligent, and very powerful having an incredible familiarity of the Wizarding world before she has even entered it. She reflects that it is okay to be smart and to like to have a thirst for knowledge. Hermione has such a powerful effect on most readers of Harry Potter because she is the only girl in the trio and yet they would not survive without her for a day – according to Ron. My favourite thing about Hermione that as it becomes clearer and clearer that she is falling for Ron you see the constant worry about knowledge disappear and she realises sometimes there are more important things than books, and facts.

Hazel Lancaster: Hazel is a character that once you finish the book of The Fault in Our Stars, sticks with you permanently. Hazel is a sixteen year old girl who is suffering from stage four thyroid cancer. She knows she is dying and yet she shakes hands with cancer and gets on with her life to the best of her ability. Like her boyfriend who is also suffering from cancer she has a very dry humour when it comes to her illness and essentially does make fun of cancer. Although Hazel’s story is tragic and heart breaking, you cannot help but admire her courage and bravery throughout the book.

Luna profileLuna Lovegood: Luna is a...different character and she very much stands out in her own way. From her introduction in the Order of the Phoenix, she definitely puts her mark on everyone surrounding her. Her quirky, unique personality clearly reflects how although people do have instant opinions of her, positive and negative, she really doesn’t give a dam about what anyone thinks of her. Luna is very proud of who she is and never lets go of her personality to fit in with anyone else. Luna, like Hermione does read the message that it is good to be different, and to think highly of yourself no matter what people say.


Thanks for the great guest post, Holly! Hermione and Luna are two of my favourite characters as well! And I've heard only great things about Hazel!

Happy Reading,
Rachel xoxo

PS: You can click HERE to visit Holly's blog!


4 comments :

  1. I've never heard of Holly's blog before, so I'll have a quick look now.
    I really can tell you like Harry Potter from this post! Hermione and Luna are both very inspirational characters and Hazel is, especially. I love TFiOS and Harry Potter.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this. As Lucy said I think I clearly conveyed the fact that I love Harry Potter in this post.
    Holly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great guest post, Holly! :) I agree with all of these lovely literary characters. All three of them are in my top 3!

    Hermione Granger with her reading and powerful character, Luna's imagination and originality and Hazel is so brave! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never met a person who hasn't absolutely loved Hermione Granger - she is just brilliant! And I have always been a fan of Luna since we first got to meet her. I've always had a soft spot for her, mainly because I really like quirky characters.

    Aw, Hazel is so brave and inspirational. It would be so perfect if she suddenly turned in to a real person. She would be such a wonderful friend to have. :)

    I really enjoyed reading this guest post, so thank you Holly for writing it and Rachel for sharing it with us. :D

    ReplyDelete

YOU ARE BEYOND AMAZING! Thank you for sharing your thoughts/opinions/feels! I'll be replying to your comment (hopefully) very shortly!