And the things that make me:
Okay, so the turn ons (ignores immature mind):
- Mention of a fantasy setting (another completely different world) or fantastical elements.
- Mention of an adventure or quest.
- Mention of the characters having magical powers/living in a world where there's magical powers.
- Something hinting at action/thrilling moments.
- The main character's a princess.
- The main character's 16 or 17 (is it just me who likes screaming out SAME AGE BUDDIES!!)
- Mention of a boarding school.
- Mention of the main character having to travel to a foreign country to live with their aunt or something.
- The setting of the book is in space/on a spaceship.
- The setting is in the Victorian era/big dresses era.
- Mention of a classic battle of good vs. evil.
- Mention of faeries or mermaids.
- Mention of an animal/mythical beast that plays a part in the storyline.
- Hint at a romance.
- Mention of siblings (because I love reading about familial relationships)!
- Mention of the setting being in my part of the UK (Scotland) - especially if it's in a castle in the country in Scotland.
- Or in a castle, period.
- Sometimes a love triangle - if I'm in the mood for it.
- The main character's a boy. (I really don't mean to, it's just... I've not really got along with most of the boy protagonists I've read about before)!
- The main character's a witch/it's a witchy book.
- There's mention of angels and demons (too overused for me now)! Even just paranormal type sounding books... I'm turned off.
- There's something in the synopsis like 'All I wanted to be was popular...'
- The book's contemporary and sounds very stereotypically same-y same-y.
- And the main character is that whiny, stereotypical 'teenage' girl.
- And her big 'problems' aren't real problems.
- The book involves dragons (what can I say, past experience has tainted it for me)!
- There's a hint that the best friend is in love with the MC.
What about you? When you read a blurb, what turns you on and off?
*tries to hold in laughter* *fails* PAHAHAHAHA