SOCIAL MEDIA

Interview with Author, Karen Saunders!

Tuesday 19 February 2013
Hey everyone! Today I am very excited to welcome author, Karen Saunders on to the blog! I read and reviewed her book, Me, Suzy P not too long ago and absolutely LOVED it (to see my full review just click HERE) and so I am very excited to share this interview with you all - I hope you enjoy! :D

~ ~ ~
Hi Rachel! Before we get started I just wanted to say I’m SO excited to be here, because your super enthusiastic review of my book was so lovely it actually made me well up! (To clarify, they were happy tears).

OK. Onto your questions!
*I'm so glad you appreciated my review - thank you! You are a great author and I adored your book! xD

Did you always plan on writing a chick-lit/contemporary book? What were the best and hardest parts of writing in that genre?
I love contemporary fiction and chick lit. It’s where my heart lies, I’m interested in real people and real life situations so it made total sense I’d write about this kind of thing. I love exploring situations people find themselves in, especially when they’re funny! I think the hardest thing about it is trying to make sure it’s relevant to teenagers and that the voice is right.

Is there a particular character in this book that always puts a smile on your face? Why is this?
I love writing Millie, because she’s such a good friend and so enthusiastic about everything, but I have a soft spot for Amber, too. She’s a lovely girl, but a complete flake, so it’s fun thinking up crazy things for her to say and do.

Where do you like to write? Any necessities you need whilst writing?
I write at my desk, in what is supposed to be an office but is currently the house dumping ground. I have to fight my way to my desk every day. I write straight onto the PC, I type much faster than I can write by hand and like to edit things a lot. I have a lovely view of a valley out of my window, and frequently spend too much time staring at that and not enough time writing. My only writing necessities are a keyboard and a PC.

If you could have any superpower in the world, what would it be and why?
Teleportation. It would make life SO much easier. And you could go on holiday whenever you wanted. Plus, it’s very environmentally friendly.

If you could live in any fictional world, who's would it be and why?
Oooh, I would very much like to visit Willy Wonka’s chocolate factory. That would be AMAZING. All those sweets! When I was growing up, I really wanted to live in one of the Enid Blyton stories – I was desperate to be in the Famous Five, or visit Mallory Towers, or go up the Faraway Tree. A flight on the Wishing Chair could be fun, too…

Are you currently in the middle of any other books you could tell us a little about?
I’m currently working on the edits for the second book in the Me, Suzy P series…so watch this space!

Quick-Fire Questions:

Favourite Animal? I like guinea pigs, goats and Labradors.
Favourite Colour? My teen self would have said black. My now self likes pink. Teen self would not be happy about that AT ALL.
Favourite Sweet? Minstrels. Or Haribo Tangfastics.
Favourite Weather? Hot and sunny. I love the summer.
Favourite Genre? Contemporary.

Thanks so much for these questions, they were really fun to answer!

If you’d like to find out more, come visit me online, at my website, ‘like’ me on Facebook, or follow me on Twitter: @writingkaren. There are also tweets from Suzy Puttock: @SuzyPuttock   – so do follow her too. Me, Suzy P is available to buy from all good bookshops, online and is also available as an e-book.
~ ~ ~
 
YAY, Me, Suzy P is going to have a sequel! Ooooh, I can't wait! Isn't Karen just lovely? ^.^ I think you should all go out and buy her book right now! ;)
 
Happy Reading,
Rachel xoxo 



3 comments :

  1. Great Interview, she seems nice. I will make sure to look out for this at my new stop at the bookshop. Love ur blog btw :)

    - Sunny @ www.asupersunnyspot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen Saunders seems such a lovely person! Great interview, I really enjoyed reading this :) I am supposed to be having an interview with her too soon but I haven't got a reply yet. :P

    Me, Susy P sounds amazing! Especially since it was one of the rare chick lits that you like ;) I love contemporary but I reall need to read more of it. And there's a sequel??! EEP :D

    If I could choose a superpower I would pick teleporatation too... no more getting up early for school :3

    Thanks for posting, Rachel! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. She seems really nice! Great interview by the way! I nominated you for an award see it here: http://thesatchelgirl.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/the-reader-appreciation-award.html

    ReplyDelete

YOU ARE BEYOND AMAZING! Thank you for sharing your thoughts/opinions/feels! I'll be replying to your comment (hopefully) very shortly!