SOCIAL MEDIA

Seraphina by Rachel Hartman

Sunday 26 February 2012
A fragile peace has been achieved in the realm of Goredd, and dragons and humans live together in harmony.
But the truce is shattered when a royal prince is brutally murdered - could dragons be to blame?
Seraphina, a talented court musician harbouring secrets of her own, is drawn into the investigation and uncovers a darker plot, one that threatems the very existence of the kingdom. And soon her own life is in terrible danger as she fights to hide the secret behind her amazing gift...


Author: Rachel Hartman
Publication Details: 10th July 2012
Publishers: Random House
Main Genre: Fantasy
Rating: 1/5

First Line: I remember being born.

I really wanted to like this book... but as hard as I tried, I just couldn't. When I first read the back of this book and found out that it involved dragons I wasn't too sure about it straight away.

Let me just say that I'm not going to bash this book. I have nothing against the author herself, it's just that these sort-of books, as I have now discovered, aren't my type of thing! However, I am going to list some of the features found in this novel so you will all have a clearer perspective of it!

1) First, the characters. Even though I couldn't really relate to the main character, Seraphina, I didn't mind Prince Lucian Kiggs. I just wish he had been more involved!

2) Parts of this novel were really eccentric! Me? I found it a little too eccentric at times but I definetly know other readers like that sort of thing!

3) The writing is very detailed and descriptive! As for myself, I found it a little boring and got confused at parts - there are loads of characters and places mentioned and I just couldn't keep up, I suppose.

4) The plot is definetly unique... but I would have liked a little more action!

5) There is some romance nearing the end of the book!

Overall this wasn't for me but that definetly doesn't mean it isn't for you! All we readers have different preferences, remember! Plus, it has had some fantastic ratings on goodreads! If you loved the Eragon books then I bet you'd love this too, but, if like me, you didn't then I wouldn't really recommend it.

However, let me just say, I really love that cover! :)

Happy Reading,
Rachel xoxo


6 comments :

  1. Thanks for the review I was thinking about buying this book but now I know not to.

    ~Caroline
    http://carolinescleverconcepts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw it's a pity you didn't like this :( but your entitled to your opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, sorry you didn't like it! :( This doesn't really look like my sort of book anyway. Great review though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :( Sorry you didn't like this book, but your review was brilliant!
    Beth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, it's a shame this wasn't for you. New follower, by the way! Mind
    stopping by my blog?

    Jessica from Booked Up!
    http://bookedupbloggers.blogspot.com/

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caroline ~ This could be your kind of thing, just because I didn't like it doesn't mean you will. If it sounds good to you, try it :)

    Cliona ~ Yeah... I really had hoped I would enjoy it :(

    Zoe ~ Thanks :) I hope other readers can enjoy it.

    Beth ~ Thankies :)

    Jessica ~ Thank you so much, I returned the favour, your blog is awesome :D

    ReplyDelete

YOU ARE BEYOND AMAZING! Thank you for sharing your thoughts/opinions/feels! I'll be replying to your comment (hopefully) very shortly!