SOCIAL MEDIA

Torment by Lauren Kate (Fallen #2)

Sunday 13 March 2011
LOVE NEVER DIES...

It took Lucinda an eternity to find her beloved angel, Daniel. But he waited for her. Now they are forced apart again, to protect Luce from the Outcasts - immortals who want her dead. During their separation, Luce learns about her mysterious past lives. But the more she discovers, the more she suspects that Daniel is hiding something.

What if Daniel's version of the past isn't true?
Is it really their destiny to be together?
Or is Luce actually meant to be with somebody else?

Edition: Doubleday Paperback
Release Date: 30th September 2010
Recommended Age: 13+
Source: Bought
Rating: 4/5

Isn't the summary just great? How could someone not get lured in? Especially if you are left with a lot of questions from the first novel that you really want answered.
The characters continued to be well developed and the main character, Luce still managed to stay my favourite. There were also a few character traits that were thrown in for good measure and a whole load of other characters introduced.
As I have said already, when I started this book I was hoping for some questions that arised in the first book to be answered, but Kate decided to keep us waiting and only answered a few (and managed to make more). Very teasing.
Another quality I love is Kate's writing. At the start of the book when I found it a bit slow paced and boring, the writing was the one thing that kept me reading. Kate has a knack for writing very descriptively and I love it!
I also love the cover. It's gorgeous! I especially love the dress in this one.
The novel left on a major cliffhanger (well maybe not major but one that has left me really wanting more!) and I can't wait to read Passion (the next novel in this fabulous series) which comes out Summer 2011.

Rachel xx :)


2 comments :

  1. I'm glad you liked Torment as much as I did! I agree that many questions were left un-answered :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read this series, soon, they are sat there waiting for me on my bookshelf! :D
    I'm a little apprehensive though, as they seem a little slow, in many peoples opinion.
    Great review, you have made me push them up on my To be read list!

    Perhaps if you have time, would you mind stopping by my blog?
    Thanks!
    http://lovelylilbookworm.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

YOU ARE BEYOND AMAZING! Thank you for sharing your thoughts/opinions/feels! I'll be replying to your comment (hopefully) very shortly!